Microsoft’un güvenlik yazili olan Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) 1.7 sürümü yayınlandı. Aşağıdaki link üzerinden yeni sürümü indirebilirsiniz.
Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) 1.7 sürüm ile beraber gelen yenilikleri aşağıdaki gibidir.
These release notes provide information about known issues in this version of Advanced Threat Analytics.
What’s new in the ATA 1.7 update?
The update to ATA 1.7 provides improvements in the following areas:
- New & updated detections
- Role-based access control
- Support for Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Core
- User experience improvements
New & updated detections
- Reconnaissance using Directory Services Enumeration As part of the reconnaissance phase, attackers gather information about the entities in the network using different methods. Directory services enumeration using the SAM-R protocol enables attackers to obtain the list of users and groups in a domain and understand the interaction between the different entities.
- Pass-the-Hash Enhancements To enhance Pass-the-Hash detection, we added additional behavioral models for the authentication patterns of entities. These models enable ATA to correlate entity behavior with suspicious NTLM authentications, and differentiate real Pass-the-Hash attacks from the behavior of false positive scenarios.
- Pass-the-Ticket Enhancements To successfully detect advanced attacks in general and Pass-the-Ticket in particular, the correlation between an IP address and the computer account must be accurate. This is a challenge in environments where IP addresses change rapidly by design (for example Wi-Fi networks and multiple virtual machines sharing the same host). To overcome this challenge and improve the accuracy of the Pass-the-Ticket detection, ATA’s Network Name Resolution (NNR) mechanism was improved significantly to reduce false-positives.
- Abnormal Behavior Enhancements In ATA 1.7, NTLM authentication data was added as a data source for the abnormal behavior detections, providing the algorithms with broader coverage of entity behavior in the network.
- Unusual Protocol Implementation Enhancements ATA now detects unusual protocol implementation in the Kerberos protocol, along with additional anomalies in the NTLM protocol. Specifically, these new anomalies for Kerberos are commonly used in Over-pass-the-Hash attacks.
- Role based access control Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) capability. ATA 1.7 includes three roles: ATA Administrator, ATA Analyst and ATA Executive.
- Support for Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Core ATA 1.7 supports the deployment of Lightweight Gateways on domain controllers running Server Core for Windows Server 2012 and Server Core for Windows Server 2012 R2. Additionally, this release supports Windows Server 2016 both for the ATA Center and ATA Gateway components.
- Configuration Experience In this release, the ATA configuration experience was redesigned for a better user experience and to better support of environments with multiple ATA Gateways. This release also introduces the ATA Gateway update page for simpler, better management of automatic updates for the various Gateways.
The following known issues exist in this version.
Gateway automatic update may fail
Symptoms: In environments with slow WAN links, the ATA Gateway update may reach the timeout for the update (100 seconds) and fail to complete successfully. In the ATA Console, the ATA Gateway will have the status of “Updating (downloading package)” for a long amount of time and it eventually fails.Workaround: To work around this issue, download the latest ATA Gateway package from the ATA Console, and update the ATA Gateway manually.
Kaynak : What’s new in ATA version 1.7